Jacuzzi Saturday
Yay! What a totally terrific thing to do! Okay so I've only ever "hot tubbed" once before, and that was with a guy friend and we were in one of those romantic-themed hotels so it wasn't exactly the same kind of experience.
But I digress! This was so marvelously therapeutic! It's SO not like a bath! I have a friend with whom I was chatting from the hotel's wireless connection, and he said, and I quote: "I never have understood the concept behind bathing". Hello?!? This is so not like that. Comparing bathing to doing the Jacuzzi thing is like comparing a child-park roller coaster to The Demon at Great America. Ain't nothin' like the Real Thing Baby!
I spent several hours emptying my head of all my worries. I made list after list. Goals I want to accomplish, things I like about my job, things I hate about it, items I want to acquire ranked highest to lowest, etc. I even spent some time clearing my head about long-past relationships that tend to linger in my mind.
I set up a bunch of goals - ones that are attainable in the short term as well as some things to reach for long-distance. I set up another blog to track my progress on that - don't want to take up blog-space here for that.
So far so good - three days down, three days accomplishing their goals. What's that saying about taking 21 days to form a habit [Side Note: It is amazingly difficult to find a direct quote to this - it's from Maxwell Maltz, in this book that I've linked from Amazon]? I'm 1/7th of the way there!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home