One for the Road
I'm leaving in a short bit for an 11-day road trip back home to Reno. It's my daughter's spring break next week, and I usually either go see her, or bring her to me via plane every year during this time.
This time there's a slight twist to the old theme, however. My mom's oldest sister had a death scare this past week, and is fine but still hospitalized in Joplin, Missouri.
My mom asked me last week if my daughter and I would like to accompany her to go visit her family members in that area during my spring break visit. As with my parent's kin, I haven't seen this side of the family in at least 20 years, and they've never met my daughter. What she didn't voice was a plea for us to accompany her, as she hates to travel alone. So naturally I played the good daughter card and said we'd go with her. I do look forward to seeing them, and strangely so does my daughter - 16 years old. I'd have thought she'd do the "oh mom" thing - but maybe she's humoring me. Anyhow, I got an email from my mom yesterday about how now she's excited to go and she's glad we're coming with her because she probably wouldn't have gone.
Anyhow, I'm looking forward to the visit, both of them. My hotel room while in Sparks (Reno's so close to Hades you can see Sparks...) has free wireless internet (Thanks Bob for hooking me up with your discounted rate, too!), so I'm bringing my laptop/router and I'll likely check in now and then, though I may not post.
I'm going to leave with posting another writing piece from a few years ago. It's directly below this post. "See" you when I get back!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home