First Kiss
Anticipation builds throughout the evening. You carry on talking, laughing, enjoying his company. All the while thinking in the back of your head "Will he kiss me? Will I let him?" Every so often taking a glance at his lips, imagining how they'd feel on your own.
And then the moment of truth. You've decided you will let him. Now you wonder if he even wants to?? Maybe he doesn't think of you "that way"! Maybe he's too shy to try. You prepare yourself for the happy parting smile which covers up your disappointment. But wait! Yes, he's going to kiss you.
He moves his head toward you, inviting a response; inviting your kiss. Tentatively you meet his mouth with yours, ready to move back if he pulls apart, his intention having been a more-chaste cheek instead of your mouth. But no, he meant to meet your lips.
Tenderly you press your lips to his. He responds with his own pressure. Short, small feathery kisses continue, soon to segueway smoothly into a little exploration. A tease of a tongue - the lightest touch - against his lips, or yours. Your body tingles and becomes hyperaware of his. Details blur as your focus narrows to the connection between his mouth and yours. A tease back. The slightest flicker of tongue to lip, teeth to mouth, and finally, just as the anticipation is at its peak, tongue meets tongue for a soft sweet, short dance. And then bringing it back down to reality, slowly kissing first one lip, then the other. Slowing down to gently pull apart. You look into each other's eyes and savor a quick memory before stepping back and saying goodbye.

1 Comments:
Oohhh! That brought back memories! Almost makes me wish I was single again so I could feel that first kiss feeling again! When I did date other women I tried to get the first kiss “out of the way” as soon as possible within the date so that neither one of us were left preoccupied with the anticipation throughout the evening. It made the conversations so much more relaxing and free that way. Plus I found that if the goodbye kiss was brought out of its sacred box right away, you could always tell if you even wanted to try real hard to impress for future dates or if you just wanted to be polite the rest of the night with the hopes that it would turn out to be a tolerable evening. I just knew that I would be marrying the girl I’ve been with these past 20 years from the moment of our first kiss. A kiss never lies. Excellent writing Allison.
Post a Comment
<< Home