WHO stops hiring smokers
Oh boy. I've been wondering if I'd find something that would get me back to this blog. Here it is: WHO stops hiring smokers.
In a nutshell, the World Health Organization (WHO) has stopped hiring smokers. Yep, if you smoke, you can't get a job. This includes the New York office.
Apparently since they're subject to international law, not the law of the country(ies) in which they operate.
This makes me wonder, what's next?
Let's see, diabetes is expensive to cover under health insurance. I know, let's not hire diabetics!
Americans are getting too fat. Let's not hire those who tip the scales at 150 or above! (Look out professional football linebackers!)
Women between 25-35 years old are in their prime child-bearing years, and their maternity leave will interrupt our business. Let's not hire young women!
Heck, road rage is becoming a big problem everywhere. No job for you if you drive!
This new practice is ridiculous. And NO I'm not a smoker!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home